Monday, December 01, 2008

Memorizing Scripture Together

So this week is the 2nd week of the "Memorizing Scripture Together" challenge. You can join too at Challies' website! This week's "fighter verse" is:


“Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.”
Philippians 2:3


"Nada hagáis por contienda o por vanagloria; antes bien con humildad, estimando cada uno a los demás como superiores a él mismo;"
Filipenses 2:3 (Reina-Valera 1960)


Questions to help memorize the verse:
1. What are we talking about?
Doing nothing

2. What about it?
That we should "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit"

3. With what attitude?
"but in humility"

4. We should do what instead?
"count others as more significant than yourself."

5. What verse are we talking about?
Philippians 2:3

En Español:
Preguntas para ayudar a memorizar el versículo:
1. ¿De qué hablamos?
De hacer nada

2. ¿Qué de eso?
Que no "hagais nada por contienda or vanagloria"

3. ¿Con qué actitud?
"antes bien con humildad,"

4. ¿Qué debemos hacer entonces?
"estimando cada uno a los demás como superiores a él mismo;"

5. ¿Cuál es el versículo?
Filipenses 2:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rita, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Even though I know I probably sounded ashamed somewhat of the fact that I met my now-fiance online, it was truly the greatest blessing of my life. And when it happened, I was not looking for any sort of relationship, either in person or online, so it truly was of God.

I'm so glad that I found your blog, because I love reading the blogs of people who are younger. Count me in as a new subscriber!

--Chelsey

Moon said...

actually you did not sound ashamed at all at least I didn't perceive that from what you wrote.
Thanks for replying and for visiting my blog! :D

God bless ya!