Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why?

Today has been quite a day, I've been reading my bible, Isaiah to be precise (I knew this would be my fave book) and I've been in awe with what I've read not because I didn't know it but because reading it, understand it and knowing it just leaves me utterly amazed. And so I ask why do we not trust God? Why do we fear for our salvation when we've sinned? Why are we afraid of the enemy? Here I leave you some of the more encouraging words of God.

Isaiah 40:21-24


21 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

23 He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.

24 No sooner are they planted,
no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.


Isaiah 40:28


28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.


Isaiah 41:8-13 (New International Version)


8 "But you, O Israel, my servant,
Jacob, whom I have chosen,
you descendants of Abraham my friend,

9 I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

11 "All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.

12 Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.

13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.




These promises are not only for Israel, but for us Gentile's, we too are His people.

God Bless you all!! And never stop praying!

Rita M.

No comments: