Saturday, September 13, 2008

Low view of God

When I listen to/read emotional appeals trying to prove that (orthodox) Christianity is horrible or just as worse as any other religions I can only think of 2 things: 1. Low view of God 2. High view of man (duh). I can't possibly even consider elevating my view of man because of the things I see every day, the things I read about in the news paper, the existence of poverty simultaneously with the existence of extremely rich and advanced nations, and mainly because of who I was before I was born again by God's amazing grace.
This ALSO goes for all those "Christians" who don't believe in hell and/or in the eternality of hell, those who have strayed away from preaching the Gospel to "preaching" a social Gospel, those who teach ONLY God's love and not His sovereignty, not His Holiness, not His judgment, not His wrath.
Low very low view of God, low view of Scripture, and high view of man.
In what world are you living in? Come visit my country, I will tour you around and then I will show you my God, the God of scripture and what He has done. And then tell me how beautiful this world is, how beautiful humans are and how "horrible" the wonderful Grace-filled merciful Creator is.


"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.
I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.
L For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 6:16-23

No comments: