Thursday, July 19, 2007

Frustration

You know, sometimes I feel like Jeremiah. There are so many hopeful stories of people who spoke to one of their friends one day and that day met the Lord (like me) but it seems like I'm the one that has to tell everyone the "horrible news"(for them apparently) that without Jesus they are lost. That the only way to Heaven is through Christ. And instead of seeing some lifechanging reaction when they hear/read that Christ came to die for our sins so that we could have eternal life in heaven, all I hear/read is "WHAT??? are you crazy??? yeah right!!! Stop trying to convert me!!!" and then all sorts of insults: how i'm narrow minded, how i'm such an insensitive person for saying that "innocent and good" people are going to go to hell because of my God, how God is mean/evil for killing so many people, etc...Its so frustrating to know what we know and get that kind of reaction, I mean I know thats what I should expect but still it saddens me :( Everytime I get that reaction I feel like I wanna throw ash over my head and tear my clothes and wear the sackcloth!

No comments: