Tuesday, November 28, 2006

True Love

Someone once asked if I had found true love. Years ago I would've answered yes thinking of some crush that never knew I existed and yet I thought of my feelings for that person as true love. But now that I am asked again I can truly say that I have found True Love. Pure, unbreakable, unending True Love. And I think we all know who that person is. But, it is easy to say that you truly love someone, perhaps not as much as the other person loves you. The hard part is living that love, it is showing it. Why a post on true love? Well, I was surfing the net like usual and kind of stumbled across...well no..I found this blog which had one of those test thingies you take, it was something about "What is your theological world view" and well for the heck of it I took it..The result was that I was 90% John Wesley, and so I, ignorant to who this person was googled him and started reading about his life, what he believed in and some of his sermons. For one, I found the answer to a question that had been lingering in my mind for weeks :D, and then found the following lines:
"O grant that nothing in my soul
May dwell, but thy pure love alone!

O may thy love possess me whole,
My joy, my treasure, and my crown!

Strange fires far from my heart remove;
My every act, word, thought, be love!"

I rejoiced while reading this and prayed to God to teach me how to love Him this way, how to give myself wholeheartedly everyday and in everything I do.

May God Bless you all! and May His love reign in your Hearts and Lives!
Rita M.

No comments: