Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Book Shopping

Something really sad happened today. After being dropped off at the place where my nutritionist's office is located, I decided to walk to the building across from it, where I knew there is a Christian bookstore, since I had about an hour and a half free before my appointment.
I went in started looking at the books they had, found the Truth War book by John MacArthur, grabbed it right away to buy it but before doing so I kept on looking at what other books they had. It then occurred to me since I was there, to ask around for some Puritan books so I'd save myself the trouble of having to order them online even if they were in spanish (I know I'm weird, I just don't like translated books). To my surprise the very nice lady who was helping me did not even know who the Puritans were. I kept on looking at the many different books they had while apparently she went to ask another nice lady who did not know either, again to my amazement. After that she asked a man who was there explaining something about a book to a customer, he looked at me and chuckled, obviously he knew what Puritans I was talking about, sadly they had no puritan books.
The sad part? They have all the Osteen books, all the Warren books, all the books on Dr. Don Colbert, and a lot of them weird emergent books!! *sigh*
On the plus side, I found a Hebrew bible, which I'm so going back there to get AND the Septuagint :D which I'm going to get as well.

Update on my Diet: I've lost 8 pounds so far, and my BMI is in 21% yay praise the Lord!! :D

No comments: