Thursday, October 23, 2008

God's Faithfulness

This morning I woke up at my friend Mabel's home. I sat in front of her computer as I waited for her to come out of her parents room where she spent the night. As I waited I found myself staring at a framed drawing of her as a little girl and her mom who was drawn with a glowing and joy-filled face. I could only think of Psalm 113 v.9 which says:
He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD!


Hallelujah indeed! After having tried everything for 7 years Mabel's mom was ready to give up but the Lord blessed her with a child and made her the joyous mother of a daughter. The Lord is faithful and it fills my heart with joy to know that His faithfulness is everlasting (Psalm 117:2) and humbles me to know that even when we are not faithful to Him he remains faithful (2 Timothy 2:13).
So I join David in his psalm when he proclaims:


"Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!
The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens!" Psalm 113:2-4

No comments: