Friday, October 24, 2008

When Dealing with a Critical Spirit

I was listening to Revive our Hearts today and Nancy said this quote by Spurgeon which convicted me so much because I often struggle with a critical Spirit, but time and time again the Lord reminds me that it is by His grace (unmerited favor) that I am who I am.

"He who grows in grace remembers that he is but dust, and he therefore does not expect his fellow Christians to be anything more. He overlooks ten thousand of their faults, because he knows his God overlooks twenty thousand in his own case. He does not expect perfection in the creature, and, therefore, he is not disappointed when he does not find it. When our virtues become more mature, we shall not be more tolerant of evil; but we shall be more tolerant of infirmity, more hopeful for the people of God, and certainly less arrogant in our criticisms." - C.H. Spurgeon



Recommended Audio: God's Beautiful Design for Women: Living Out Titus 2:1-5 Part 24

No comments: